[vistrails-dev] VisTrails 2.0 alpha --> 2.0?

Emanuele Marques emanuelemarques at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 09:27:17 EST 2012

Hi,

I also agree with Tommy and Dave in releasing it as beta. There have
been a few bug fixes that should be in the binaries.

About mashups and crowdlabs in v2.0 alpha, the mashups are working on
v2.0 alpha but there's no support for uploading them to crowdlabs yet
because the formats are not compatible any more. You can export them
as a .vtl file and send to other users and they should be able to run
them by double-clicking if the datafiles are accessible (through
HTTPFile for example).

Matthias, let me upgrade our server to 2.0 before you try that on your
server. After that it should be easier for me to make crowdlabs
support the new mashups format and add the functionality to vistrails.

The crowdlabs server that you said is not working is
www.crowdlabs.org? I tried the alps mashup
http://www.crowdlabs.org/vistrails/medleys/details/26/ and it seems to
be working. Can you check it or was it your own crowdlabs server?

Thanks,

-- Emanuele.