[vistrails-dev] Fwd: using your vistrails

Juliana Freire juliana at cs.utah.edu
Mon Jan 23 15:02:52 EST 2012

Here's the call for the workshop:

Johnny Lin johnny at johnny-lin.com
Fri Jul 8 13:04:34 PDT 2011

Hi Cryolisters,

I wanted to let folks know there will be another symposium on advances
in modeling and analysis using Python at the January 2012 American
Meteorological Society (AMS) meeting in New Orleans.  Here's the call
for papers for the symposium:

Second Symposium on Advances in Modeling and Analysis Using Python,
22–26 January 2012, New Orleans, Louisiana

The Second Symposium on Advances in Modeling and Analysis Using
Python, sponsored by the American Meteorological Society, will be
held 22–26 January 2012, as part of the 92nd AMS Annual Meeting
in New Orleans, Louisiana. Preliminary programs, registration,
hotel, and general information will be posted on the AMS Web site
(http://www.ametsoc.org/meet/annual/) in late-September 2011.

The application of object-oriented programming and other advances in
computer science to the atmospheric and oceanic sciences has in turn led
to advances in modeling and analysis tools and methods. This symposium
focuses on applications of the open-source language Python and seeks to
disseminate advances using Python in the atmospheric and oceanic sciences,
as well as grow the earth sciences Python community. Papers describing
Python work in applications, methodologies, and package development in all
areas of meteorology, climatology, oceanography, and space sciences are
welcome, including (but not limited to): modeling, time series analysis,
air quality, satellite data processing, in-situ data analysis, GIS,
Python as a software integration platform, visualization, gridding,
model intercomparison, and very large (petabyte) dataset manipulation
and access.

The $95 abstract fee includes the submission of your abstract, the
posting of your extended abstract, and the uploading and recording of
your presentation which will be archived on the AMS Web site.

Please submit your abstract electronically via
the Web by 1 August 2011 (refer to the AMS Web page at
http://www.ametsoc.org/meet/online_submit.html.) An abstract fee of $95
(payable by credit card or purchase order) is charged at the time of
submission (refundable only if abstract is not accepted).

Authors of accepted presentations will be notified via e-mail by
late-September 2011. All extended abstracts are to be submitted
electronically and will be available on-line via the Web, Instructions
for formatting extended abstracts will be posted on the AMS Web
site. Manuscripts (up to 3MB) must be submitted electronically by 22
February 2012. All abstracts, extended abstracts and presentations will
be available on the AMS Web site at no cost.

For additional information, please contact the program
chairperson, Johnny Lin, Physics Department, North Park University
(jlin at northpark.edu). (5/11)

Best,
-Johnny
--