[vistrails-dev] [VisTrails] DBWorkflow's index gets out of sync (#1137)

Remi Rampin notifications at github.com
Fri Oct 23 16:31:56 EDT 2015

I have no idea why any of this is there of how it work. It seems to me that the DB layer was meant to be an easy-to-use, efficient object storage, but it is nothing like that [1].

The problem this time is that Pipeline#clear() does not clear the DBWorkflow's "index" thing, the `objects` dictionary (because `db_delete_module()` doesn't), so objects stay in there. I lost most of today tracking that down while working the interpreter...

-----

[1]: The piece of code for deleting a module loops until it finds it!

```python
    def db_delete_module(self, module):
        self.is_dirty = True
        for i in xrange(len(self._db_modules)):
            if self._db_modules[i].db_id == module.db_id:
```

---
https://github.com/VisTrails/VisTrails/issues/1137