[vistrails-dev] [VisTrails] DBWorkflow's index gets out of sync (#1137)

dakoop notifications at github.com
Fri Oct 23 21:42:34 EDT 2015

Yes, the db code would benefit from revision. The original goal was to provide serialization to XML and RDBMS (and potentially other formats). In order to preserve legacy access, various indexes were added but order was also mattered for some features where only that was used and ids didn't originally exist. Basically, we wanted to add the db code without changing the logic at the core level. This, and my beginning Python knowledge at the time, caused code like the ugly list/dictionary code above.

---
https://github.com/VisTrails/VisTrails/issues/1137#issuecomment-150736303