[vistrails-dev] VisTrails and downloading files

Rémi Rampin remi.rampin at nyu.edu
Fri Oct 20 13:21:12 EDT 2017

> I have just tried to run VisTrails with a few examples (bike, terminator)
> and in both, the download file fails.
>
> I have downloaded the files manually and replaced downloadfile with file
> and it works.

Hi Juliana,

Indeed this works fine on my machine, but not when I use the executable. It
seems that changes in MacOS have broken the ssl.py module from the time we
last released.
The error I see when clicking on the "DownloadFile" module > then "Show
Error" is:

IOError: [Errno 20] Not a directory

I'm assuming it is the same for you.

Running from a local checkout or using Anaconda should fix this, we should
put out a new release with updated versions of those Python modules so that
it works on newer Macs. It is surprising that such a prominent feature is
broken.

Best
--
Rémi