[vistrails-dev] VisTrails and downloading files

David Koop dkoop at umassd.edu
Fri Oct 27 11:03:12 EDT 2017

I've been using conda for VisTrails and other Python work lately. This:

https://dschreij.github.io/how-to/package-anaconda-environments-as-apps

seems to indicate that it may be possible to just package a VisTrails app on OS X using conda. This would also make it possible to update libraries and/or packages in the app framework without downloading a new binary.

Rémi has a conda version of vistrails available through the ViDA-NYU channel, but I did notice that the current conda recipe has pyqt as a dependency, and this should be pyqt=4 since the released code still relies on pyqt4. (I have an update-qt branch that updates to the most recent versions of pyqt and qt, but it still has a couple bugs.)

Dave