[vistrails-dev] VisTrails and downloading files

David Koop dkoop at umassd.edu
Fri Oct 27 12:04:40 EDT 2017

Below is a bash script that uses Anaconda to install vistrails into its own environment (ENV_NAME) using pyqt4 and also installs vtk and matplotlib (other libraries can be installed by similar conda install calls). The terminator and mta_yankees examples work for me on macOS 10.12 (I have not installed 10.13 yet.) Note that you have to activate the environment before running python.app. Also, if you run python instead of python.app, you will not get the menubar.

Dave

======

#!/bin/bash

ENV_NAME=vistrails-test

conda create -y --name=$ENV_NAME python=2
source activate $ENV_NAME
conda install -y --channel https://conda.anaconda.org/ViDA-NYU vistrails
conda install -y qt=4 pyqt=4 python.app
# optional installs
conda install -y matplotlib vtk=6

# to run after running the script, run the following two commands
# source activate <ENV_NAME>
# python.app -m vistrails.run