[vistrails-users] Use VisTrails with system Python?

Emanuele Marques emanuelemarques at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 18:00:47 EST 2011

Hi, Jinghua

There are different ways of accomplishing this. If you want to run the
system python so as to use the libraries installed in it and if they
are simple python scripts (not compiled python extensions), you can
copy the packages to the VisTrail binary python folder:

VisTrails.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/

If the python packages are compiled extensions, it will work only if
they used the same version of the python libs in the binary or else
you will see a "interpreter version mismatch" error.

Another way is by installing all VisTrails dependencies on the system python.
I've recently updated the instructions on the wiki
http://www.vistrails.org/index.php/Mac_Intel_Instructions
to work with new versions of the libraries. Most of them are binary
installers, with the exception of a few libs.

You can ask the user to contact me directly if he or she needs help on
building VisTrails from source.

Thanks,

-- Emanuele.
   VisTrails Developer