[vistrails-users] Issue with List handling

Jeffrey Guenther guenther.jeffrey at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 15:56:45 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm following the tutorial in Section 4.3.2 of the user guide and I can't
see to get the list to work.

I'm asked to create a PythonSource module that outputs 3 lists. It also
asks that I set the list depth to 1. I understand what this does. I just
can't find where to set it. Where do I set it?

As a result, workflow gives me an error in the ConcatenateString module
saying that it expected a str and it got a list.

Uncaught exception: "cannot concatenate 'str' and 'list' objects"
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File
> "/Applications/VisTrails/VisTrails.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/vistrails/core/modules/vistrails_module.py",
> line 400, in update
> File
> "/Applications/VisTrails/VisTrails.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/vistrails/core/modules/basic_modules.py",
> line 741, in compute
> TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'list' objects

I'm running VisTrails (2.1.3.8262f078ed3b) on OS X Mavericks.

Thanks,
Jeff