[vistrails-users] Issue with List handling

David Koop dakoop at nyu.edu
Tue Aug 5 16:22:56 EDT 2014

Hi Jeff,

You can use symbolic links to use the VisTrails binary with the master branch, and we provide a shell script (mac_update_bin.sh) to set this up.  For example, if you clone the VisTrails git repository into "/Users/myusername/Projects/vistrails/src", you can then run (in Terminal.app):

$ cd /Users/myusername/Projects/vistrails/src/scripts
$ ./mac_update_bin.sh /Users/myusername/Projects/vistrails/src /Applications/VisTrails.app

where /Applications/VisTrails.app is the path where the binary lives (it may require a sudo).  There is no error handling on this script so if you type a path incorrectly, the binary will just fail.  Rerunning the script with the correct paths should fix this.  The changed paths (and symbolic links) should be at /Applications/VisTrails.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7 if you need to examine the internals of the binary.

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Dave