[vistrails-users] Issue with List handling

David Koop dakoop at nyu.edu
Tue Aug 5 17:08:18 EDT 2014

On Aug 5, 2014, at 1:48 PM, Jeffrey Guenther <guenther.jeffrey at gmail.com> wrote:

> For reference sake, the user guide I was using came in the dmg for the current download on the website.

Thanks for letting us know.  We will fix our build scripts that generate the dmg.

> What does the VisTrails team have planned for this style of list handling? What inspired you to include it? I’m curious because it is a common approach in tools like Grasshopper and Generative Components. I think its formally called replication - based on a Woodbury and Aish paper.

We have had some control-flow constructs (Map/If) in VisTrails for a while, but in cases where a user just wants to iterate over a part of a workflow, we decided it would be more user-friendly to try to detect and handle lists of inputs in an intuitive, yet configurable, manner.  We are still actively working on this feature and welcome suggestions.

Dave